Mythic Therapeutics is a privately held product-platform company that is pioneering a powerful new approach to improving the effectiveness of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) and other antibody-based therapeutics. Founded in 2017, Mythic Therapeutics’ breakthrough Fate Control™ technology dramatically increases the therapeutic potency of ADCs without compromising safety, thereby unlocking the full potential of targeted therapies against a broad array of tumor targets.
At Mythic Therapeutics, we approach our work as entrepreneurs and innovators, blazing new trails that lead to better patient outcomes. We do so decisively and thoughtfully, drawing upon the decades of experience within our leadership team and scientific advisers. If you share our passion and sense of urgency for developing effective cancer treatment options, and are looking for a dynamic, collaborative and fulfilling work environment, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team. Together, we are re-envisioning cancer therapy.
As a member of our rapidly growing team, you will have the opportunity to work in an innovative and dynamic environment. We seek a motivated, solution-oriented individual to provide hands-on support for the discovery and development of Mythic’s therapeutic molecules. As a member of a project team, you will support the early development of therapeutic antibodies and execute biophysical assays for characterization of antibody drug candidates. The ideal candidate will have expertise in antibody engineering and characterization as well as a background in molecular biology, immunology, oncology, protein biochemistry or a related field. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills, the ability to design and troubleshoot experiments independently, and the organizational skillset to manage multiple projects simultaneously on tight timelines.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Searching for an opportunity to help build an early-stage company that understands the demands of a start-up environment.
- A scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal supervision.
- Someone who gets excited by a lean organization and never says or likes hearing “that’s not my job”.
- A supportive teammate that enjoys a transparent, respectful, and innovative environment and promotes diversity and inclusiveness in and out of the workplace.
Day to Day Responsibilities and Opportunities:
As a key member of the R&D Team at Mythic Therapeutics you will:
- Design and enable high throughput characterization of antibodies using binding (Octet/Biacore), selectivity, specificity, functional, and activity studies.
- Perform developability assessments such as analytical characterization (SE-HPLC, HIC), protein chemical/physical stability (DSF, DLS), polyreactivity, and self-interaction studies (ELISA, AC-SINS, CIC etc.)
- Designin silico constructs for antibodies, bispecific antibodies and/or protein fusions and DNA/protein sequence analysis using Geneious/Lasergene.
- Analyze and interpret data, communicate results in oral and written form, maintain accurate and complete laboratory records.
- Experience with phage/yeast display, multiplex assays, recombinant protein production in mammalian cells and protein purification is a plus.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: BS with 4+ years, MS with 2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Industry experience in antibody discovery and engineering is preferred.
- Ability to introduce new technologies to improve the performance, throughput, and efficiency of assays and/or to accelerate product characterization.
- A desire to learn new things, the ability to remain flexible in a dynamic work environment and adjust priorities in a timely manner.
Mythic Therapeutics offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package and work/life integration. Being part of the Mythic team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet the company goals.
Mythic Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Mythic does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.