Mythic Therapeutics is a privately held product-platform company that is pioneering a powerful new approach to improving the effectiveness of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) and other antibody-based therapeutics. Mythic Therapeutics’ breakthrough Fate Control™ technology dramatically increases the therapeutic potency of ADCs without compromising safety, thereby unlocking the full potential of targeted therapies against a broad array of targets.
At Mythic Therapeutics, we approach our work as entrepreneurs and innovators, blazing trails that lead to better patient outcomes. We do so decisively and thoughtfully, drawing upon the decades of experience within our leadership team and advisory board. If you share our passion and sense of urgency for developing new medicines and are looking for a dynamic, collaborative and fulfilling work environment, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team. Together, we are re-envisioning cancer therapy.
Mythic Therapeutics is searching for a dynamic Principal Scientist/Associate Director to join our growing preclinical development team. The Principal Scientist/Associate Director will be responsible for working cross-functionally and collaboratively within Mythic’s R&D organization to lead the design and implementation of preclinical safety and translational studies to support IND filing and clinical development. The ideal candidate will have experience in bioanalytical, toxicology, DMPK, or translational biomarkers for oncology therapeutics and managing CROs. You will enable clinical development of our lead molecules by working closely with the biology and biologics teams to support critical IND-enabling regulatory activities. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and oral/written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to strategically plan and foresee potential problems while developing solutions. As a member of our rapidly growing team, you will have the opportunity to not only to work in an innovative and dynamic environment, but also learn aspects of drug development beyond your core area of expertise.
Key Responsibilities and Opportunities:
As a key member of the R&D Team at Mythic Therapeutics you will:
- Contribute to bioanalytical and biomarker development, qualification, and execution of a broad range of bioanalytical methods (ELISA, MSD, LC-MS, RT-PCR, qPCR, and cell-based assays), to support pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity, and pharmacodynamic assays.
- Lead the design and execution of preclinical toxicology and/or translational studies to support IND filing and clinical development.
- Lead assay development, sample analysis and reporting data generated by external CROs.
- Establish close working relationships and rapport with external CROs to facilitate study success
- Provide project management support to outsourced studies. Coordinate timelines, workflow, and documentation between internal program teams (discovery, toxicology, etc.) and external vendors.
- Oversee transfer of established methods to CROs for sample analysis and help with management of outsourced studies.
- Analyze, interpret, and report experimental results in group settings.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebooks
- Understand regulatory requirements and approval processes
- Write summaries and technical reports to support Mythic’s regulatory filings
- Represent the preclinical team at cross-functional project team meetings
- Graduate degree (MS, PhD, or DVM) in biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, toxicology, veterinary medicine (DVM) or related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant hands-on experience in the life science industry with proven track record of supporting IND enabling studies
- Experience supporting preclinical development and ability to work in a hybrid outsourced model.
- Extensive experience managing CRO partners and study coordination.
- Proven ability in technical writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including experimental design and execution, in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Strong time management and project management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently.
- Experience in DMPK, toxicology, translational biomarkers, and/or bioanalytical development is strongly preferred.
- Experience with biologics and Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) is a plus.
Personal Characteristics and Cultural Fit:
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to motivate, coach, delegate, and influence others and to inspire confidence, respect, and enthusiasm.
- Flexible in having the attention to detail required to help team members troubleshoot, and the big picture thinking required to update senior management.
- Ability to listen, negotiate, guide, and facilitate.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative biotech environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Highly collaborative team player with demonstrated capability of quickly establishing credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely well organized and results oriented.
- Self-starter with a can-do mindset and do what is needed to advance the company’s programs and initiatives.
Mythic Therapeutics offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package and work/life integration. Being part of the Mythic team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet the company goals.
Mythic Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Mythic does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.