Mythic Therapeutics is a privately held product-platform company that is pioneering a powerful new approach to improving the effectiveness of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) and other antibody-based therapeutics. Mythic Therapeutics’ breakthrough Fate Control™ technology dramatically increases the therapeutic potency of ADCs without compromising safety, thereby unlocking the full potential of targeted therapies against a broad array of tumor targets.
At Mythic Therapeutics, we approach our work as entrepreneurs and innovators, blazing new trails that lead to better patient outcomes. We do so decisively and thoughtfully, drawing upon the decades of experience within our leadership team and scientific advisers. If you share our passion and sense of urgency for developing effective cancer treatment options, and are looking for a dynamic, collaborative and fulfilling work environment, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team. Together, we are re-envisioning cancer therapy.
Mythic Therapeutics is searching for a dynamic Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance team. The Senior Accountant will be a key member of the team and will support and assist in all aspects of financial planning, accounting, and reporting. The responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting the Company’s budgeting and forecasting process, general accounting functions including month end close, preparing reporting packages for internal and external stakeholders, as well as assisting with accounts payable tasks. This is a new position that will interact with all levels of management. This is a hands-on position and the ability to multitask and work with others is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Opportunities:
As a key member of the Finance Team at Mythic Therapeutics you will:
- Perform required month-end close activities, including preparing and posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, and assist in preparing draft financial statements.
- Ensure sufficient support documentations are maintained for entries posted to ensure there is a clear audit trail.
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting packages for the internal and external stakeholders.
- Review, recommend and support implementation of process improvement initiatives that enhance the efficiency and quality of the financial planning and financial accounting and reporting workstreams.
- Collaborate across the company to support month-end close, forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning.
- Support timely preparation of reports comparing monthly actual results vs budget & forecasts, and corporate dashboards.
- Assist with AP and Payroll processing as needed.
- Establish relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 3 to 5 plus years of progressive experience.
- Audit experience with Big 4 or national public accounting firm audit strongly preferred.
- Financial modeling experience
- Biotech industry experience preferred.
- Experience with accounting and planning tools including but not limited to Adaptive, Hyperion, QuickBooks, Netsuite, Bill.com, Purchase Order systems and Expensify a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Personal Characteristics and Cultural Fit:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative biotech environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly collaborative team player with demonstrated capability of quickly establishing credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely well organized and results oriented.
- Self-starter with a can-do mindset and do what is needed to advance the company’s programs and initiatives.
Mythic Therapeutics offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package and work/life integration. Being part of the Mythic team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet the company goals.
Mythic Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Mythic does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.